Marisa Kanof, MPP – Executive Editor of Brief Policy Perspectives
Brief Policy Perspectives is slated to launch our first content on Wednesday September 23, but we can’t do that without your help! As of today we are officially accepting contributions for our first “issue.” Soon Brief Policy Perspectives will have a team of Staff Writers (apply here!), but any current or former members of the Trachtenberg School of Public Policy and Public Administration are welcome to submit content any time through our content submission form.
A few quick guidelines:
1. Write about something that interests you, something that you hope will spark debate, or something that you want to educate others about.
- As long as there are policy implications, we want to hear about it!
2. Generally we want to keep blog content short: between 500 and 1000 words.
- In rare circumstances we will accept pieces longer than 1000 words, but you must seek prior approval from the editorial team.
- Students interested in longer pieces should consider submitting an article to the Policy Perspectives print journal, which annually publishes academic papers from students in the Trachtenberg community. For more information about submitting an article to the print journal, please click here, and to submit an article to the print journal, click here.
3. Once your piece is submitted it will be read over by our editorial team and we will decide to accept it or reject it for publication.
- If we reject your submission we’ll do our best to tell you why, and send you suggestions for how to fix it if you want to re-submit.
- If accepted, your piece will be assigned to one of our Deputy Editor and Staff Writer teams who will do a round of edits and fact checking before sending it back to you to make any changes. After you send us a new version, we’ll do a final round of edits before putting it in our queue for publication.
- Generally pieces will be published in the order they are submitted, unless something time sensitive comes up, in which case the time sensitive piece will be published first.
Are you ready to submit a piece? Click here! Still have questions? Try seeing if your question can be answered on our Submit an Article! page or FAQ page, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can’t wait to see what you all submit!