Executive Board Positions
Executive positions at Policy Perspectives for the 2020-21 academic year are now closed.
Policy Perspectives, the Trachtenberg School’s student-run journal and policy blog, is now accepting applications for staff positions for the 2020-21 academic year! All master’s students graduating no earlier than May 2021 are welcome to apply. These positions are unpaid. We are accepting applications for the following positions:
- Print Journal: Associate Editors
- Associate editors will work one-on-one with a single writer for the academic journal. Associate editors meet monthly editing deadlines to ensure their writer’s piece meets all academic guidelines set by the Trachtenberg school in order to achieve peer-reviewed status. Associate editors also work closely with a faculty member.
- Blog: Deputy Editors, Staff Writers
- Deputy editors work with the Executive Editor of the blog and submit initial edits for the blog staff writers. Deputy editors are responsible for 2-3 writers for the academic year. Each writer submits two pieces in the fall and two in the spring (approx. 500-800 words).
- Staff writers for the blog produce four policy briefs for the year (two in the fall and two in the spring). Pieces typically run between 500-800 words with exceptions granted. Pieces must remain nonpartisan in nature, but occasionally, we do allow for a more subjective op-ed.
Policy Perspectives is also the home of GW’s only student-run podcast, WonkCast! Trachtenberg students host roundtable discussions on a broad range of policy topics with regular contributors and special guests on this biweekly pod, and you can get involved too! WonkCast is recruiting returning and incoming master’s students for the following positions, both in front of the mic and behind the scenes:
- Co-Hosts, Editor
- Podcast hosts and editors will create and revise content for the GW Wonkcast. Each episode will focus on a different policy area that interests the hosts and editors. The Wonkcast will produce two episodes each month and work closely with both the Wonkcast producer and the Executive Editor.
The application deadline for all positions is 11:59 p.m. on Friday, September 18, 2020. To apply, please complete the Volume 28 Staff Application (found here), where you will indicate the position(s) for which you wish to be considered. Please see the application form for instructions specific to each position.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding the print journal positions. Email us at email@example.com for questions regarding the blog and WonkCast positions. We look forward to receiving your application!