Join Policy Perspectives!
Associate Editor, Staff Writer, and Associate Editor positions have closed for the 2018-2019 academic year.
PLEASE NOTE: We have extended the deadline for all GW WonkCast positions. Apply by Friday, September 28 at 11:59 PM.
WonkCast Open Positions:
Co-Hosts are regular contributors to the WonkCast policy podcast, which is released biweekly. This position reports to the WonkCast Producer.
● Meets biweekly to record the WonkCast. Reads provided materials on guest topics and researches their contributions for other segments in advance. Prepares for the Below the Fold segment. Helps promote the show, including tabling and handing out promotional materials. Makes guest appearances on Above the Fold live show, if desired.
● Total time commitment: 3-4 hours biweekly.
The Editor edits each episode of the WonkCast. This position reports to the WonkCast Producer.
● Edits the episode to create a draft ready for review, including removing awkward pauses and off-topic conversation. Reviews for inappropriate language and checks that reported information is correct. Keeps episode in suggested time frame of 30-40 minutes. Rearranges discussion as necessary to improve logical flow and clarity.
● Uses Moderator/Producer edits to amend episode and prepare for final release. Coordinates sending final draft to the Brief Policy Perspectives Executive Editor and Communications Director for posting.
●Total time commitment: 4 hours biweekly in addition to Co-Host commitments, if applicable. Time commitment may vary depending upon editing experience.
The Producer is manages the logistics for the WonkCast and coordinates the activities of WonkCast staff. This position reports to the Executive Editor.
● Creates and maintains the schedule for the WonkCast. Books guests and prepares them to be on the show, including sending guidelines for topic content, preparation, and GW radio rules. Corresponds with guest speakers to refine topics and obtain helpful background sources. Communicates schedule and topics to Co-Hosts and disseminates reading material from the guests to the Co-Hosts.
● Listens to drafts of the show from the Editor and provides timely feedback. Compiles sources used by the Co-Hosts to list in the episode’s post.
● Updates and maintains budget and coordinates ordering materials. Liaises with Faculty and Faculty Advisor as necessary.
● Total time commitment: 4-5 hours biweekly in addition to Co-Host commitments, if applicable.
Live Show Co-Host
The Live Show Co-Host will participate in a weekly live taping of Above the Fold, a WonkCast collaboration with WRGW District Radio. This position reports to the WonkCast Producer.
● Meets weekly at the WRGW District Radio studio (on campus) for a live taping of the show. Researches material and discussion points pertinent to the episode’s theme. Helps promote the show, including tabling and handing out promotional materials.
●Total time commitment: 2 hours weekly (1 hour to prepare for the episode and 1 hour for taping) in addition to Co-Host commitments, if applicable.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We look forward to receiving your applications!