EXECUTIVE BOARD POSITIONS
Executive positions at Policy Perspectives for the 2022-23 academic year are now open. The application to apply can be found here.
We are accepting applications for the following positions:
The Editor-in-Chief will lead the production of the print journal with the Managing Editor. Responsibilities include:
- Project Management: write and submit budget, coordinate with Trachtenberg leadership (Dr. Tschirhart, etc.) and other Trachtenberg organizations, maintain Policy Perspective’s status as an organization per GW SA rules, develop and maintain editing and production schedules
- Staff Management: select articles, associate editors, and faculty reviewers; coordinate editing workshops to cover Chicago style grammar mechanics and fact-checking techniques
- Editing: review and provide feedback on articles at multiple stages of the peer-review editing process; assist associate editors with editing questions
The Managing Editor will work closely with the Editor-in-Chief to produce the print journal. The responsibilities include:
- Staff Management: select articles, associate editors, and faculty reviewers; create and maintain an editing schedule
- Journal Production: developing production schedule, coordinate with layout and printing companies; oversee online and print distribution
- Editing: review and provide feedback on articles at multiple stages of the peer-review editing process; assist associate editors with editing questions; lead editing workshops to cover Chicago style grammar mechanics and fact-checking requirements
The Executive Editor will lead the production of all content for the Brief Policy Perspectives blog and oversee the development of the Wonkcast podcast. Responsibilities include the following:
- Staff Management: oversee all blog writers, deputy editors and podcast hosts; approve article topics; create weekly writing schedules and deadlines
- Editing: produce the final edits on all blog articles; work closely with the podcast editor
- Website maintenance: update and maintain the website; format all blog posts on WordPress; coordinate with University personnel to ensure website payments are timely and up-to-date
Questions? Email us at email@example.com for questions regarding the print journal positions. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding the blog and WonkCast positions. We look forward to receiving your application!